Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Officially On Board..

The Baby Train, that is! I guess it's about time I started this little blog back up, and what better way than with baby news!

I'm so disappointed that I don't have my camera cord with me because I would really love to post the pictures of how I told V and how we told our parents. That will just have to be in the next post. That moment, the one where I tell my husband that we're having a baby, was one that I'd thought about for a while. How am I going to do it? What am I going to say? Should I give him something? Should I take him somewhere? I wanted it to be special.

And it was... only I thought I'd have a little more time to prepare! So, I'll take you back to Sunday, July 24th. We were on the way to church and I just didn't feel right... a little nauseous, but I chalked it up to riding in the backseat- car sickness (btw... V doesn't make me sit in the backseat... we had Adam & Erin with us... so guys in the front... clearly). Monday morning... I was off work and needed to run a few errands so while I was at target I decided to just pick up a pregnancy test... I really wasn't thinking that I could be pregnant it was just a fleeting thought... "hey, i'm out, I might as well just pick up a test... for later..." HA

Fast Forward to Monday afternoon at 2 pm. I had totally forgotten about the test until 2 pm when I thought, "I'll just try. I mean... I guess it's possible. Why not?". And then it happened... I.SAW.TWO.PINK.LINES.

WHAT?? NO WAY... SERIOUSLY??

Next thought...

V gets home in 3 hours and how in the world am I going to tell him? I was totally caught of guard. I'd been thinking about this, but was at a loss. What am I going to do??

So, I did what any other just-found-out-she-was-pregnant event planner would do... I shoved 2 more pregnancy tests in my purse and made my way to the overwhelming party monstrosity of Party City.

Why did I bring along two more tests? Because I still wasn't convinced... and I didn't want to spend money filling up my buggy with pink and blue if there was an inkling of thought that I could be jumping ahead of myself. So, anyone else out there taken a pregnancy test in the Party City facilities? Because this girl has... and once again.. TWO.PINK.LINES.

OK... this is really happening.

I load up with pink and blue balloons... felt totally awkward stuffing a huge pile of baby balloons in my backseat on a random Monday afternoon, but got over it because I was REALLY PREGNANT!

I knew I had to incorporate Auburn in there somewhere so I made my way to the Auburn Pride store and found the sweetest little Auburn baby set with a bib, bottle and paci. Then I saw the cute booties... couldn't resist. So I marched myself up to the counter... so excited I could burst... and wanting to tell the lady behind the counter, "I'm buying this stuff for MY baby", but deciding to just smile really big instead.

Get home just in time to freshen up a bit, tie the balloons around the auburn gear and stash it in the bedroom before V got home from work... talk about stressful!

V walks in the door...I'm trying my best to act normal... heart is beating out of my chest... am I really telling my husband that we're having a baby? Yes.. and before my knees lock up I think I might should get this show on the road.

I tell him that I have a surprise for him. That I was sorry for a little spat we had the night before and got him a little happy to apologize (it really was not an argument, but I had to think of some excuse to give him a surprise). Walked into the bedroom and returned with a pink and blue bombshell that I knew was going to take his breath. He looked confused, so confused that I had to explain it to him. I was sure that he'd figure it out on his own, but I had to tell him... haha... he was so overwhelmed!

K: We're having a baby!
V: Really? Are you serious?
K: Yes, I'm serious... this would be a really costly and cruel joke if I wasn't. I'm seriously pregnant!
V: Oh Wow!

And there it was... the sweet little reaction that I had hoped for! He was so excited... visibly shocked and excited.

So, of course, I made him take some pics with the balloons... and he made me take one more test "just to make sure!". Six pink lines in one day... I think we're 100% now! Went for blood work the next morning (shout out to my dr... who is also a wonderful friend of ours and is making sure I'm well taken care of). She let me come in Tuesday morning and confirmed that yes... I was pregnant...with a baby...and due on April 5th!

I'll be back with pics soon!

1 comment:

allison said...

I cannot wait to meet that sweet baby! I love all three of you guys!