Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Rush

With my job the Christmas events begin the minute Thanksgiving ends- we start decorating the clubhouse in preparation for the hustle and bustle of parties galore. I'm planning Christmas parties in September and October, so needless to say, the last quarter of the year for me is Christmas Season. All this to say, I put up our Christmas decorations as early as possible which this year meant November 29th. So, welcome to the Waldron abode for Christmas.


Since we have a different tv this year (which takes up most of the mantle), I used the mantle decorations from last year and rearranged them a little to go on the coffee table.


These little wooden carolers were my grandmothers and hold a special place in my heart. I remember her having them out every Christmas on top of her television. For the past 2 years I haven't been able to put these out without a few tears.

This sweet nativity scene has been at every one of my Christmases. Every year, at the beginning of December, I would look forward getting each porceline figurine out of the ragged styrofoam box and placing it in the position that I believed best depicted the birth of Christ. When Vance and I got married, this gift was passed down to us from my parents and it now sits in our foyer.

So, put it all together and you get...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! The Waldrons are looking forward to 2009!

(new post below)

3 comments:

Shealy said...

I am soooo excited you have entered the blog world!! I love it!

The Wilbanks said...

So glad you have a blog.

SK's mama said...

Kala! yay! im so glad your an official 'Blogger" now... ill add you to my blog poll... its so fun:)