Thursday, February 12, 2009

Team Tigers


The team picture. How precious are they? They have 2 more games and then Awards Night on the 22nd. It's been fun for me to watch Vance get involved in this. Not only are the games amusing, but these sweet boys just love him! They've definitely improved over the season. The boys may continue to believe that "defense" means standing under the opposite team's basket with their arms up in the air, but they've definitely learned to dribble and shoot at the correct basket. This could be attributed to the little "red light, green light" dribbling game that Vance plays with them at practice.

So I had this idea, I told Vance that next year he should coach 1st grade and get the same team- he could just move up with them every year. By the time they get to 5th grade they will dominate the Upward league. I don't think my theory agrees with Upward's goals and philosophies, but it's just a thought....

2 comments:

Whitney said...

KALA! thank you so much for your sweet comments on my last post! I am so glad to be blogging buddies! I hope ya'll are wonderful! Looking forward to staying up to date with the Waldron's on your blog! Love, Whitney

Mary Beth said...

Hey Kala! I just found your blog and wanted to say hi! Vance is so cute coaching 1st graders! aww. Hope y'all are great!